A Family Business with 220+ Years of Combined Experience
Boss EGI started their journey in 1997 when Roger Carper, Sr. and Roger Carper, Jr. started Boss Excavating, Inc. In 2009, the company was re-established by Roger Carper, Jr. as Boss Excavating & Grading, Inc. The team started with one crew of four people working out of Roger’s basement.
By 2012, Boss EGI moved to a small office in Hilliard, Ohio with 11 employees. In 2013, Boss EGI was awarded the first 5 of 15 elementary schools South-Western City Schools decided to rebuild: Alton Hall, Bolton Crossing, Finland, Prairie Norton, and Stiles. With the passing of Roger Sr. in 2014, Jr. wanted to do something to commemorate his father. In 2015, Jr. established a Perpetual Scholarship through the Builders Exchange of Central Ohio in Roger Carper, Sr.'s name. This scholarship is awarded to individuals who plan to continue their education by studying construction management or civil engineering.
Today, Boss EGI is proud to have a team of 55 employees, a fleet of 55 pieces of equipment with GPS on the earthwork moving equipment, and 65 trucks and trailers. Boss has 8 crews consisting of 4-7 operators and laborers.
Based out of their newest location in Columbus, Ohio, Boss EGI is proud to carry on a family tradition of providing site-work and underground utilities for commercial, industrial, and residential customers. In addition to these markets, Boss EGI is ODOT pre-qualified and a licensed General Contractor, priming a few projects a year for local municipalities, airports, and the State of Ohio.
Roger Carper, Sr. and Roger Jr. started Boss Excavating, Inc.
- Boss Excavating & Grading, Inc. re-established. HQ was held in Roger's basement. We started with 1 crew of 5. Included in this crew were both Roger, Sr. and Jr.
- Boss EGI's 1st job was the Sam's Club in St. Clairsville.
Boss EGI bought our first piece of equipment, a 1998 Cat 416 Backhoe.
Boss EGI moved our headquarters to a small office in Hilliard, Ohio.
2013 - 2015
Boss EGI was awarded 5 out of the 15 South-Western City Schools: Bolton Crossing Elementary, Finland Elementary, Prairie Norton Elementary, Alton Hall Elementary, and Stiles Elementary.
- Boss EGI bought our first Lowboy truck to haul our own equipment.
- Boss EGI established the "Roger Carper, Sr. Dedication Award", given to the most dedicated employee annually.
- Boss EGI broke ground for new headquarters.
- Boss EGI established a Perpetual BX Scholarship in Roger Carper, Sr.'s name.
The new Boss EGI headquarters is finished and we moved our location.
Boss EGI expands on our new building.